THE BENEFITS OF SELLING A BOAT THROUGH WILLIAMS AND SMITHELLS
- Established 35 Years – Reputation Counts.
- A proven track record of selling may yachts over 35+ years.
- We are covered by Professional Indemnity insurance.
- We hold dedicated safe clients accounts.
- We have experience and access to sold data bases meaning we can provide accurate up to date price information and advice on complicated matters such as, title, VAT & RCD.
- International coverage offices in the Portsmouth UK and Lefkas Greece.
- Our permanent office in the heart Lefkas Marina, open all year, run by experienced British ABYA Broker giving purchasers peace of mind, they know we have inspected the boat and that they will be looked after on arrival.
- We will inspect the vessel, photo and prepare details when provide you with a copy to proof before marketing.
- We have a data base of potential clients, screening enquiries weeding out the time wasters.
- Our marketing reaches more buyers a wider audience – magazine & internet marketing are more cost effective with a broker.
- We carry our internet marketing using the most popular yacht sales websites covering Europe.
- Using a broker reduces financial & time costs, we are likely to achieve a quicker sale then independent marketing.
- We provide an approved listing agreement so all parties know the terms they work under.
- We handle all price negotiations and re-negotiations.
- We will draw up a legal industry approved Sale & Purchase contract and arrange the transfer of title.
- We will not allow the sale to proceed until holding contracts & (usually) 10% deposit.
- We can assist the purchaser with regards to survey procedures.
- We can assist the purchaser with finance requirements.
- We can handle the settlement of any known outstanding finance.
- Buyers know the ABYA logo and have confidence in using an ABYA broker. All our brokers are FULL MEMBERS of ABYA.
Prior to our team starting the listing preparation work for any yacht the vendor/s must provide us with, evidence of ownership Bill of Sale/Act De Vente/Contract, Certificate of Registry, clear proof of VAT/Tax payment or exemption, Declaration of Conformity for RCD (and if in Greece the correct cruising documents DEKPA or Transit Log). As full members of ABYA (Association of Brokers & Yacht Agents), we work to a code of practice to ensure high levels of service for all clients buyers or sellers.