A sailboat for limitless Exploration – Garcia Yachts – ‘NOWHERE YOU CAN’T GO’
Very soon after the launch of their 45-footer, the Garcia Exploration 52 became an obvious addition.
A big fifty-footer is exactly what you need to comfortably share your faraway journeys, whether high-latitude or tropical. While the first model in the range is ideal for a couple going around the world, the 52 can welcome family and friends for the time necessary to share the most beautiful places on our planet.
The core of the Garcia Exploration concept remains unchanged. Only a little more than a metre of draft when it is necessary, it is indeed a centreboarder. The grey of the hull doesn’t hide the solidity of aluminium, even if the shapes carved by exceptional metalworkers could have been reminiscent of the precision of a moulded hull. Rudders and helm stations could only ever be in pairs for Olivier Racoupeau when it comes to controlling a modern, powerful hull with your fingertips, a lifestyle in a space as vast as… all the oceans of the world.
At the front of the very large cockpit with its cleverly designed ergonomics, the rigid cap, which protects two real watchkeeping stations, also offers a real transition zone before going into the warm interior.
You pass the solid watertight doors of the companionway in three smooth steps. Whether you are standing at the companionway or in the galley, sitting in the vast saloon or at the central helm station, you’ll never miss a moment of the planet as it passes by through the windows.
Key elements of the specifications – FROM POLAR EXPLORATION TO THE TROPICS
Chain locker centred at the mast foot
Twin rudders (JEFA system on self-aligning bearings)
Deck saloon with panoramic view
Watchkeeping position, with good visibility forward
Generous storage spaces throughout the boat
Watertight companionway door
Forward and aft bulkheads in aluminium
Through-hulls above the waterline
All essential sail-handling done from the cockpit
Integrated arch for: instruments, solar panels, wind generator, dinghy
Designing boats to go far, for long periods and in all weathers is what Berret Racoupeau Yacht Design have been applying their talent to for thirty years.
With the help of the Garcia design team, which also benefits from forty years of experience in long-distance cruising, they were able to determine all the parameters required for the success of an exploration sailboat to their optimum level on the Exploration 52: seaworthiness and comfort on every point of sail, in all weathers, significant daily averages thanks to regular speeds in all circumstances, high carrying capacity not affecting performance.
By translating Jimmy Cornell’s brilliant inspiration into drawings, shapes and plans, the Exploration 52 design team – joined by Halvard Mabyre, an accomplished sailor and racer, for the ergonomics of the cockpit – succeeded in creating a boat that is faithful to the original spirit while contributing more in each individual area.
This is particularly noticeable in the interior where, while the attractive combination of panoramic view, deck saloon and forward helm station is obviously maintained, and the three double cabins take their original place. The master cabin with its full width at the front will not fail to seduce you with its volumes, its light, its storage spaces, its workspaces, and its private bathroom.
Below the saloon, to starboard, the technical room (or optional fourth cabin) allows for storage of food and spare parts, while potentially accommodating a large capacity washer/dryer.
The galley and saloon room are large enough to accommodate 6 to 8 guests in the greatest comfort. Soft upholstery, leather on the handrails, Corian for the worktops, lighting adapted to each function, everything helps you feel serene, confident that you have made the right choice. Designed for the long-haul…
The Exploration 52 is offered in two layouts:
The Standard Version comprises of a spacious forward master cabin with a private bathroom and separate shower, a guest cabin with double bed to starboard in the aft, a large bathroom with separate shower and technical area under the saloon to starboard. Large deck saloon with 270° panoramic view, forward facing chart table with internal steering position, and galley with storage in the forward passageway.
The Multi Version comprises of a spacious forward master cabin with a private bathroom and separate shower, a guest cabin additional with two single beds, a lift to enable acces to the aft peak via the watertight door and large bathroom with separate shower to port in the aft, an additional cabin with double bed to starbord in the aft and a additional cabin under ther saloon. Large deck saloon with 270° panoramic view, forward facing chart table with internal steering position, and galley with storage in the forward passageway.
|16.55 m m
|Berret Racoupeau Yacht Design
Key Specification Elements:
A boat designed to sail and live aboard both in high latitudes and tropical waters
- Integral aluminium centreboard
- Deck saloon with 270° visibility and internal steering position
- Watertight companionway door
- Watertight forward aluminium bulkhead
- Watertight aft aluminium bulkhead with watertight hatches to access the stern compartments from the aft cabins
- All through-hull fittings made of welded aluminium – all valves positioned above waterline
- Double glazed saloon windows, one opening above the galley – coachroof extends beyond the windows and acts as a sun-awning
- Thermal and acoustic insulation above waterline of automotive-grade polyethylene foam panels
- Insulated floor (thick foam core)
- Chain locker centrally positioned at the foot of the mast – electric windlass located in locker below deck just ahead of the mast
- Centrally located large capacity tanks – Water and fuel tanks can be ballasted port / starboard
- Centrally located service battery set
- Generous storage space available throughout the boat
- Forefoot chainplate for towing and ice breaking
- Integrated aft arch for electronics, wind generator, solar panels and use as davits
- Twin aluminium rudder configuration to ensure optimal control in heavy seas with protective skeg and JEFA self-aligning bearings
- Large aft platform with easy access to/from the water
- Liferaft stowage in locker accessed from aft platform
- All essential lines controlled from the cockpit